"The engagement of mind and body into our Heritage is a rich and profound channel to appreciate, experience and preserve the beauty of different culture."
To provide an intensive art learning course to learn the techniques of various iconic art of different heritage and culture. To appreciate and hands on art and craft. To relax and rejuvenate through the learning, interaction and art making process. To engage mind and body through mindfulness therapy.
This program is for adult with or without any background in art.
The program is to take a progressive and flexible approach to explore and learn the art of heritage. Below is the general outline:
1) Peranakan: Learn and explore the Peranakan colourful culture. Fun with fill-in-the colour for Peranakan shop houses. Learn the use of Express Water Colour technique.
2) Malay Culture: Learn how to fold this the amazing Iconic Malay weaving craft - Ketupat casing. ketupat folded with coconut leaves is traditional Malay rice dumplings.
3) Indian and Anicent Egyptian Art: Explore and experience the natural herbal treats from Henna plant on your hands or feets. Henna art is a traditional form of therapy since Egyptian times and evolved into a popular form of culture in Indian now..
4) Chinese Culture: Learn how to grind your own Chinese ink and have fun painting with Chinese brushes and rice paper. Learn the Chinese Pictogram and the connection between Chinese calligraphy and Chinese painting.
5) Japanee culture of paper folding: Origami. Learn how to fold the fine craft of Japanese culture in paper folding. Understand the science and math of Origami and be inspired with how a single sheet of paper can be folded into complex model.
Language medium: English or Mandarin
By Professional Artist Art TeacherThis program is by experienced and trained artist Paul Lee. Mr. Lee was born in Singapore, who is now live and work at Joo Chiat Katong Area. Mr. Lee is an artist with versatile portfolio, he is art therapist, artist and educator. Read more about the artist art teacher Mr. Paul Lee.
Teaching MethodologyOur teaching approach is to focus on the learning journey through teacher's demonstration with explanation for any specific concept, theory or techniques. The learners will observe and try the technique by themselves.
This program integrate and nurture about creative thinking, creative problem solving and ideas development through our comprehensive Creativity-Juice program. This program helps to engage the right side of the brain actively and balance with left side of the brain as well.
Creative Art Therapy
During the session, therapeutic process is incorporated through our Creative Art Therapy program. Participants will be able to express themselves fully and therapeutically. We use Art as therapy and as a safe form of self expression.
Adult Colouring Therapy
Designed and created based on the foundation of relaxation and rejuvenation, a colouring fun program for adult. In addition, to make the meaningful and rich, we uses Singapore first Heritage Town as the base. Participants will appreciate more about culture and heritage in an unique way as well.
We will be doing this Heritage Art Program at Singapore first Heritage town (2011) - Joo Chiat Katong. It is also a place for many Singapore artists during their incubation and creative productions. You will experience rich cultures of Chinese, Malay, Indian, Eurisan and also Peranakan culture. The Peranakan shop houses are unique to Singapore and wonderful themes for art.
Singapore Heritage Town
We can bring this program to your preferred location as well.
Contact us for your needs now.